Destruction of data
Out Of Use ensures the security of your data by means of certified destruction.
In accordance with the GDPR legislation, Out Of Use acts as your processor for data destruction. Every customer receives a clear contract from us (SLA - Service Level Agreement) in which the responsibilities between the DPO (Data Protection Officer) of your company and the processor (Out Of Use) are clearly established. From now on you will know exactly which method of data destruction is being applied and under whose responsibility it falls. We kindly ask that you choose from one of our three levels.
Contact us for more information and a price offer.
Discover our Safe & Secure Box for the sealed transport of your data carriers
For this level, the customer delivers old equipment to Out Of Use for which no data destruction is required. The SLA will mention that Out Of Use must not perform the data destruction and that the responsibility for the data lies with the customer. In this case, Out Of Use ensures that the delivered equipment is processed in accordance with the WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU and the Waste Framework Directive 2008/98/EC. The equipment is reused or recycled.
For this level, Out Of Use guarantees certified destruction of all data bearing equipment delivered directly to the Out Of Use warehouse. The SLA will mention Out Of Use as responsible for the data destruction from the moment the data bearing equipment arrives at the Out Of Use warehouse in Beringen.
The possible data destruction methods and added services are described below :
- Data wiping or mechanical (H2): data wiping or mechanical perforation according to the German standard DIN66399 class H2 (the chosen method will be determined by Out Of Use).
- Degaussing: Degaussing of data carriers (very strong magnetic field rendering any form of reuse or data recovery impossible).
- Shredding (H4/T3): Shredding using 38mm blade width, without sieve. Conform to the German standard DIN66399 class H4.
- Shredding (H5/T4): Shredding using 38mm blade width, with 12mm sieve. Conform to the German standard DIN66399 class H5.
- Indexing: Indexing implies the scanning of the serial number (barcode) of each data carrier. The list of scanned equipment will appear on the data destruction certificate.
- Data destruction certificate: Data destruction certificate will mention total number of data carriers destroyed or list of serial numbers (if indexing is chosen).
For this level, Out Of Use guarantees certified destruction of all data bearing
equipment and takes responsibility from the point of collection
(ie. the customer’s premises). In this case the customer has 2 options:
- Sealed transport: carried out with a sealed truck and in-house vetted employees or with our Safe & Secure Box for smaller data carriers.
- On-site destruction at customer’s premises: the choice of destruction method is the same as with Level 1 but in this case the destruction takes place on-site at the customer’s premises. The customer may witness the destruction operation if requested.